Thursday 15 July 2010

the real deal?

I am pretty sure that professional DJs and music lovers will agree, as useful as they are Beatport charts are pretty annoying: too much plugging (even if you kind of have to), obligation to chart tracks available on the platform, massive influence of a handful of DJs etc... And I do not subscribe to Resident Advisor. for a long time, I was reluctant to put 'real' charts out there ,after all, my 'reputation' has always been based on the singularity of my record box more than anything else... But I am getting older (sure) and wiser (may be). I can't think of any good reason to hide the tunes I love anymore... You'll find below a bit of everything: demos, promos, unreleased, vinyls, tracks bought elsewhere than Beatport (I'll come back on the matter soon). I am not saying that none of these can be find there but the point was surely to give an alternative to the chart I sent yesterday to the big B.

In no particular order, these really rock my world right now:

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM-I CAN CHANGE (TIGA RX)-DFA
HARMONY FUNK-CAN'T LET YOU GO (MB RX)-CLONE
CARIBOU-BOWLS (JAMES HOLDEN RX)-CITY SLANG
DAN GHENACIA-GLOBES-FNC
GONZALES-CAN'T STOP (EROL ALKAN RX)-PHANTASY
MONOBLOC-DIRTY (ISE8 RX)-REMAIN
HIGAMOS HOGAMOS-DEUCED-HH
DEXTER-1992 (VOCAL)-CLONE
CHLOE-ONE IN ANOTHER (ALEX SMOKE RX)-KTDJ
RMVN-AMEN ADORNO (THE EYES IN THE HEAT RX)-KTDJ
SHONKY-MIZ MIZ-???
RILEY RHEINOLD-ASHPHALT HEROES-MBF LTD
MEGAPHONO-DON'T COUGH-BARKING DOGS
AL USHER-LULLABY FOR ROBERT-INTERNASJONAL
ROTARYDISCO76-B1-???
HOUSEMEISTER-HYPERACTIVE-BOYSNOIZE


you'll be able to find some of these. others will not come out for months. sorry but there's no middle line here.

5 comments:

  1. Tiga's take on LCD and Holdens remix of Caribou rock the fuck out of my world, I shall listen out for the rest. You found a London base yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, almost 100% done. thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Higamos Hogamos are also rocking my world at the moment. Look forward to the next time you play in Silo in Liverpool, your set was highly enjoyable last time around

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello ivan
    pr le remix sur meant la bonne référence c'est :

    monoblok & pussyselektor : Wonky Tonk Dirty (ISE8RX)

    j'en profite pr te remercier pr ce rmx, on est dingue avec !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mais que vois-je Ivan, tes édits/rmx commencent à sortir officiellement ?!

    Le "wonky tonk dirty" est prévu pour quand?

    thx

    ReplyDelete